Why do I ask?

When I was pregnant with Morgan, I worried that she would inherit my seasonal allergies, that I might have forgotten to take my prenatal vitamin, etc. When she was born, I worried that I would make mistakes that would cause damage to this perfect creation of God. I never worried that she might be "too smart" . . .

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Intensity - it's a huge part of high-achievers, giftedness, and autism!

I've ntoiced this trend in those we run across.  My pregnancy history has not one "normal" thing about it, so that fits this:
http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/10/what-child-prodigies-and-autistic-people-have-in-common/
Interestingly, I was memorizing full-length songs at age 3 quickly, but didn't become a prodigy or famous.  I cannot say I'm disappointed, at least not at this point in my life.

Intensity.

That word has so much implication in our lives and the lives of others.  When we learned of M's giftedness, the consultant looked at my husband and told him he needed to read this, telling him that he was living with two extreme examples.

Yes, I am the other intense one he lives with.  Have a great weekend, if I don't check back before then.

No comments:

Post a Comment