Why do I ask?

When I was pregnant with Morgan, I worried that she would inherit my seasonal allergies, that I might have forgotten to take my prenatal vitamin, etc. When she was born, I worried that I would make mistakes that would cause damage to this perfect creation of God. I never worried that she might be "too smart" . . .

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Anniversary month

My husband reminded me several times lately that this is our anniversary month for the topic of this blog. This is the month where the decreasing sunlight seemed to correspond directly with a degeneration in M's self-confidence and happiness . . . in her general ability to function. I wish I could say it reverted quickly, and compared with some situations it did. However, we had months of bewilderment, sleeplessness, tears all around, etc. As the darkness increases during this season, I think of Sting's song "Mercury Falling" which is literally about Fall - the fall in temperature as measured by a thermometer. It's a sad song, and I still believe I'm evolved from some form of plant; as the darkness increases, I somewhat wilt. This year has been different, though. M has changed so much, and we have been able to do more with greater amounts of joy and fewer disruptions in the routine of life than . . . . ever before, I think. It's such a relief! We are still tired, and this mom has definitely been taking the darkness as a sign that more naps are prescribed :) Wishing you rest and peace in this season, as well as hope for brighter seasons ahead. No matter where you are in the journey, I recommend cuddling on the couch and napping with your baby boy or girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment